Grover Essentials - Tips for Taking Care of Your Hotel’s Beddings and Sheets - Our Guide
Besides the aesthetics of your hotel, your guests will appreciate being able to sleep in a comfortable and clean bed. You should know that every little detail in your hotel will significantly affect your business’s reputation. A negative reputation, after all, can to a drop in revenue and the eventual failure of the business.
With that said, you should pay close attention to every aspect of your operation, especially to your hotel rooms where guests stay the longest. One of the things you should be mindful of is your hotel beddings. Bed sheets are high-maintenance because they can quickly get stained and dirty.
With that said, here is a guide on how you can adequately take care of your hotel’s beddings:
For changing hotel bed sheets
Some establishments change their sheets depending on what type of hotel they are:
- High-end hotels – They allow guests to request new beddings daily or every other day.
- Mid-scale hotels – They do not give their guests the privilege to request for a new set of beddings
- All hotels – They change bed sheets and mattress pads upon checkout
These guidelines the standard and common practice among many hotels, but you are free to set your own rules according to your preferences. Remember, your hotel beddings somehow reflect the integrity and quality of your hotel, so make the decision that you think would be best for your business.
For washing hotel bed sheets
How you wash your hotel beddings is another essential thing that you should pay close attention to. The quality and life expectancy of your sheets will depend on their type of fabric, but you should make sure to observe frequent and proper washing no matter what type of sheets you have.
1. Sorting out
Before even putting your bed linen into the washing machine, you should separate them depending on several factors. Doing so will help you clean the sheets the right way. For instance, a dirtier sheet would need extra cleaning than a sheet with barely a stain on it.
To help you out, you can sort your linens depending on their:
- Degree of soiling
- Color shades
- Fabric type
2. Choosing the right cleaning detergents
You must use a cleaning detergent that is appropriate for your needs because it will affect the quality of your sheet and its cleaning capacity. To give you an idea, here are the qualities you should look for when choosing a cleaning detergent:
- Removes stain efficiently
- Whitens fabric
- Prevents color fading
- Has a pleasing fragrance
Another factor that you should consider is the amount of cleaning detergent you should put into your washing machine. That will depend on the following:
- Quantity and weight of your load
- Type of fabric
- Type of cleaning detergent
- Amount of water
- Degree of soiling
3. Washing cycle
Once you have sorted out the fabric and chosen the right cleaning detergent, the next thing you should do is determine the appropriate wash cycle for different types of fabrics. Most bed linens have a label tag, which tells what kind of wash cycle you should do.
Here is a quick guide you can follow:
- Regular or normal cycle – For white or heavily dirty sheets
- Delicate cycle – For lighter materials, such as silks, that have a “gentle wash” tag
- Permanent press cycle – For non-cotton and synthetic fibers such as polyester and rayon
There would be some cases where hotel room bed sheets are badly soiled or stained and would need extra cleaning. To help you out, here are some helpful tips you can follow in removing stains:
- Wash the sheets with warm water
- Do not rub the fabric together to avoid spreading the stain
- For hard-to-remove stains, soak the fabric in plain water for 30 minutes, then pour detergent on the stained area and let it sit. Wash the sheets after 5 to 10 minutes.
Your hotel room bed sheets are a reflection of how you take care of your facility and give importance and respect to your hotel guests. Therefore, you should pay close attention to how you care for your hotel beddings. To ensure cleanliness, follow the standard changing and cleaning guides provided above.
If you are looking for a bed sheet and comforter set for your hotel in Canada, check out our shop today. We have a variety of fabric types and designs that will surely complement the aesthetics of your establishment!